Only Seconds to Care -- New MPR App Saves Time, Supports Decision Making for the Busy Clinician
New York, NY – February 7, 2014
Physicians spend an average of 15 minutes per patient consult1 and in that short time frame must make informed clinical decisions on diagnosis and treatment. The new MPR App provides clinicians the information they need at the point of care faster than any other digital drug information resource, helping patients receive the optimal care and attention they deserve.
Features now available on the free MPR App for iOS (iOS 7 optimized) and Android enable clinicians to:
✔ Save time
· Improved search quickly finds drugs and relevant resources by brand and generic name, disease/condition, medical term, or manufacturer
· Interactive expandable monographs allow fast access to the most pertinent prescribing information
· Personalized Bookmarks list for frequently accessed content and tools
✔ Make more informed prescribing decisions
· Drug Interactions Checker with more than 7,000 interactions (drugs, herbals, supplements, and food) and detailed recommendations on how to manage the interactions
· 130 clinical tools including calculators and treatment algorithms
✔ Stay up to date
· Curated daily drug news & alerts summaries to keep clinicians up to date while on the go
· Updated daily by MPR's pharmacists and reviewed regularly by physicians
“With this MPR App upgrade we want to make life easier for the busy clinician and knew time is their most valuable and limited resource, “said Tammy Chernin, RPh, Senior VP of the MPR franchise. “The new user interface together with a smarter, omnipresent search function saves time by providing quicker access to the drug information they need while continuing to provide the clinical decisions tool they are accustomed to.”
MPR is the concise drug information resource most frequently used by healthcare professionals, trusted for nearly 30 years. By providing just the right dose of information, MPR gives clinicians easy access to more than 4,300 up-to-date concise prescription and OTC drug monographs, curated daily drug news & alerts, and other time-saving clinical support tools. New and current users of the MPR App can download the latest version at the iTunes App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monthly-prescribing-reference/id347073471) or Android Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.usbmis.reader.mpr&hl=en) for use on their preferred mobile device.
To learn more about the MPR App, please visit http://www.eMPR.com/app.
1. Konrad TR, Link CL, Shackelton RJ, et al. It's about time: Physicians' perceptions of time constraints in primary medical practice in three national healthcare systems. Med Care. 2010;48(2):95-100.
About MPR and Haymarket Media Inc.
Since 1985, MPR has been the most widely used drug reference by healthcare professionals in a wide variety of specialties and practice settings. MPR and its products are produced by Haymarket Media Inc. (HMI), a global publication and communications company with operations on five continents. Founded in 1957 and headquartered in the United Kingdom, HMI publishes titles in 23 languages in more than 100 nations.
Jenny Ko, PharmD
Director, Drug Information and Product Development