Jim Burke has been promoted to General Manager of the Medical Communications Division of Haymarket Media. The group includes all Haymarket medical brands, such as MPR, The Clinical Advisor, the Oncology franchise, and the 2020 initiative.
Burke, a graduate of Rutgers School of Pharmacy, joined Haymarket in 1993, writing and editing MPR drug monographs and helping to launch the NP and PA editions of MPR. Throughout his remarkable 24 year Haymarket career, Jim has been on the leading edge of many pivotal developments that have energized the growth of Haymarket’s medical business.
Burke held a significant role in shaping the MPR brand into a market-leading, multi-channel, point-of-care reference tool; among other achievements, he was responsible for the development of the MPR website, building a robust drug data base and native app. Burke’s early affinity for all things digitalâ€”from understanding the uniqueness of digital content to building an innovative business model for digital revenueâ€”has been a key catalyst for the Medical Communications Division’s success in this strategically critical area. For the past 3 years, as Senior VP of Digital Products, Burke has led Haymarket’s expansion into medical specialty markets, heading up the 2020 Vision initiative, with a goal of launching 20 new online brands by 2020.
Jim’s pharmacy training, his clinical knowledge, his digital savvy, and his unwavering ambition have consistently positioned Haymarket Medical Communications for success.
- 2 Minute Medicine to license peer-reviewed medical news to Haymarket Media in new multi-brand partnership
- Haymarket Medical Network Launches Seamless Integration of Continuing Medical Education Activities
- Bill Canning and Aaron Wattenberg are Promoted Within the Haymarket Medical Communications Team
- Haymarket Medical Network is a New Resource for Media Planners and Marketers
- Medical Bag Takes a New Approach to Engaging the Healthcare Professional